SRHC STUDENT GRANT OPPORTUNITIES
SRHC Grants for Members
The Southern Regional Honors Council offers several programs that provide monetary support for scholarship and leadership of students from member institutions.
SRHC STUDENT STIPENDS FOR PARTNERS IN THE PARKS (PIP), NCHC SEMESTERS, NCHC WINTERIMS, AND OTHER NCHC-AFFILIATED PROGRAMS
SRHC provides Student Stipends of varying amounts up to $500 to offset the cost of attending any NCHC-sponsored experiential program (Partners in the Parks, NCHC Semesters, NCHC Winterims, etc.). As does NCHC, we encourage honors administrators and staff to promote these awards and encourage qualified applicants to apply. All recipients of SRHC grants are encouraged to present the results of their projects or experiences at the following SRHC meeting.
In order to receive funding, students from SRHC member institutions must be accepted into their program of interest. Student Stipends will be awarded on a rolling, first-come, first-served basis; the SRHC Executive Committee will determine individual funding amounts. The following documents must be emailed to the SRHC Executive Secretary-Treasurer no later than 3 weeks prior to the project registration deadline (applications received after the deadline will not be considered):
• An email to include: the student’s full name, email, mailing address, the name of his or her home institution, and the NCHC sponsored program that the student will be attending.
• A copy of the student’s NCHC acceptance letter or email.
• A letter of support from the student’s honors director or dean acknowledging that the funding will be used appropriately.
The Student Stipend check will be mailed directly to the qualified applicant.
SRHC STUDENT SCHOLAR GRANTS
SRHC Student Scholar Grants are intended to support honors education for member institutions of the Southern Regional Honors Council and to assist in the scholarly development of students in honors programs and colleges. Matching grants of up to $1000 will be awarded to support innovative projects in honors. These grants will:
• Encourage excellence and provide educational opportunities for honors students in the region
• Fund programs or projects that offer unique honors experiences
• Develop and present regional or state-wide honors seminars on various topics
• Reach as wide an audience of honors-involved members as possible.
All recipients of SRHC grants are encouraged to present the results of their projects or experiences at the following SRHC meeting.
Application and Requirements:
The following stipulations are in place for SRHC Student Scholar Grants:
1. Funding is awarded on a cost-benefit basis.
2. No proposals for purchasing equipment or supporting travel will be funded.
3. The proposal should be sent to the SRHC Executive Secretary-Treasurer and must include a written agreement from the director or dean to implement a project that is either fully or partially funded.
4. An evaluation of a funded proposal and an accounting of the funds expended must be sent to the SRHC Executive Secretary-Treasurer within 30 days after project completion.
5. Institutions must participate in SRHC Student Scholar Grants by cost-sharing.
Any institution requesting funds must be a member of SRHC. SRHC Student Scholar Grant applications are due by MARCH 1; all projects must have been completed or in process by April 1 of the following year.
SRHC STUDENT LEADER GRANTS
SRHC Student Leader Grants provide up to $500 for individual student members, or students from SRHC institutional members, who serve on the NCHC Board of Directors to travel to official meetings of the NCHC Board of Directors during the period between the annual NCHC conference meetings. All recipients of SRHC grants are encouraged to present the results of their projects or experiences at the following SRHC meeting.
To qualify, elected members of the NCHC board must submit the SRHC Student Leader Grant and reimbursement form by email to the SRHC Executive Secretary-Treasurer within 30 days of the first day when costs were incurred.